April 15, 北京快3 2:00pm
SUMMER 北京快3 TERM and GRADUATION 北京快3
Southeastern Illinois College will convert its 北京快3 Summer Session to remote learning. Students are asked to contact their instructors for specific course details. Academic advisors are also available to answer questions. Welding courses will be modified to be online for the first of the term and will have face-to-face application late in the term, unless health and safety will require modification of that. Other lab courses will be all online. Some workforce education courses will be cancelled as well and handled on a case by case basis. Students with summer internships are asked to check with the respective academic dean's office for that information. Campus offices will open when the Governor allows us to return.
As for graduation, Southeastern understands the importance of this moment for those students who have worked so hard at their goals. The College will postpone graduation until further notice pending health and safety regulations. An announcement will be made at a later date regarding our Commencement ceremony details. The nurse pinning ceremony has been cancelled.
April 13, 北京快3 3:00pm
SIC has added a WiFi Hot Spot for students at the David L. Stanley White County Center at 1700 College Ave. in Carmi. The hot spot will be available seven days a week, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Cars may park in the front row closest to the building (normally reserved for staff) for the best service. Please follow the guidelines set forth in the previous WiFi update for the Harrisburg campus (below).
Southeastern Illinois College
March 21, 北京快3 11:00am
SIC Faculty and Students!
After making an official request to State officials on behalf of our students, SIC just received notification and permission this morning, Saturday, March 21, 北京快3, to allow at this time WiFi service in our defined parking lots for those who need Internet service for their classes. This allowance is now classified as essential to remote learning. The conditions for this to operate include:
- Hot spot areas may be accessed by auto in the north parking lot in front of the Learning Commons (A-Building) area from 8:00am – 5:00pm beginning Monday, March 23.
- These days and times may change, so visit SIC’s 北京快三开奖结果page for updates.
- Please go to /wifimap and see the map of service and the highlighted yellow parking areas.
- Leave a space between autos as possible and practice strong social distancing.
- Students/Users MUST STAY IN THEIR AUTOS while on campus using WiFi. No exceptions. Violators will be denied privilege and authorities will be notified.
- No access to the building will be allowed (i.e., no restrooms) as the building will be locked and security on patrol.
- Only 50 autos may be allowed at a time due to capacity. More than that may crash the system.
- Security will monitor and block access should there be more automobiles than allowed.
- Only automobiles with the current SIC parking sticker will be allowed to ensure service to currently enrolled students. If you don't have a SIC parking sticker and are a current student, contact Dr. Chad Flannery at chad.flannery@ for verification and processing.
- Violators of these policies will be legally charged and authorities notified.
Southeastern Illinois College
March 20, 北京快3 2:40pm
SIC Students, Faculty, and Staff:
First, SIC is open for business. However, this communication is to inform you that in order to conform to State requirements on the health and safety for all Illinoisans, SIC will offer remote services only through the Spring term. That means, according to officials, that the WiFi hot spots in our parking lots must be closed and no one allowed on the physical campus until further notice. We hope to reopen these WiFi hotspots when we are able to do so. Only essential staff for fundamental operations (e.g. Internet service and repair, payroll, security, etc.) will be allowed on site and only with approval by the President/Cabinet and Security with an expressed need for vital services. Security will be on campus 24/7.
As the Chicago Tribune just released a few moments ago and as many assumed, the Governor is expected to issue a “shelter in place” order later this afternoon whereby only essential personnel may travel. SIC will comply with the Governor’s orders. Please watch the news for the specifics for you and your family. Be safe and practice good social distancing.
All campus operations will function remotely, utilizing varied and multiple resources to deliver instruction and services to students and stakeholders.
There will be Press Release sent today by the ICCB that was crafted by a number of associations and organizations announcing such changes. As an officer of ICCCP, I can assure you that great care and concern for all was put into this communication. There was a strong sense of camaraderie demonstrated by all entities in order to help everyone sustain as best we can during this trying time. It will basically tell us that colleges must move to remote services, avoid having people on campuses, and continue pay for employees to minimize discomfort. Once that press release becomes public, SIC will share it with you.
I will soon release additional communication to provide you with more guidance as we navigate through this transition period.
Students, you will get an education. You will have caring instructors help you and caring staff supporting you. Please reach out to us as you need. We will be in touch with you via our 北京快3page, FaceBook, Twitter, and TXTMSG.
Below is a helpful list of how to learn remotely. We hope this helps all our students.
Take care, all.
College From 北京快3 101: A Top Ten List
1. Set up a “College from 北京快3” place to work, even if it is a small corner.
2. If you live with family or friends, ask not to be disturbed when you are in your “College from 北京快3” space. You are not free during this time to spend the day doing family chores or activities. College is still your responsibility. The only change is that now you are doing it at 北京快三开奖结果.
3. Get up at a regular time and get dressed and ready for “College at 北京快3”
4. Develop a Routine. Set up a regular time for your “College from 北京快3” and stick with it. You may want to follow your regular class schedule to keep up with learning the course material and completing assignments on time.
5. Check your Falcon Mail every morning and several other times each day.
6. Email your instructor if you have questions, and make sure you are clear about who you are and what class you are asking about. For example, “This is Student Name from your 8 a.m. Chemistry 220 class.”
7. Keep in communication with a couple of other students from each class when possible – check in on each other and help each other by holding one another accountable for keeping up with coursework.
8. Use a planner or list to keep track of assignments. Don’t overwhelm yourself by placing everything on one list. Break it down by week or by class.
9. Feel free to work ahead, but don’t fall behind!
10. For technical support, visit http://www./technology-help-center.
For contacting various key departments for assistance, visit: http://www./files/uploads/global/Directory/SERVICES_DIRECTORY_EMAILS.pdf
March 18, 北京快3 7:30pm
Student, Faculty, and Staff:
Based on state and federal guidelines as well as ICCB recommendations in consultation with the ICCCP, ICCTA, IEA, IFT, and IBHE plus the latest available healthcare evidence, beginning immediately, SIC will provide remote educational and operational services for the rest of the Spring term for most all services. We appreciate all the patience during this transition and difficult time in our society. Students should anticipate communication from their instructors in the coming days, or they should then contact their instructor for direction. Instructors should work with relevant support personnel on the varied delivery needs as well as the academic dean on submission of instructional delivery plans.
All classes will be delivered via alternate methods unless noted otherwise pending instruction in a specialized discipline. Each instructor has developed their delivery system(s) which may include online, phone conferencing, Zoom or Skype, and a variety of other methods to ensure educational services and valuable learning continues to take place. Career and technical program instructors will contact students regarding how they will instruct those programs if requirements dictate such. Some CTE/Allied Health Programs will be modified according to State Agencies such as IDPH (CNA) and IDFPR (COS). Some CTE instructional units may have small cohort instructional units pending the request of the content area expert. SIC remains in contact with State agencies and specialized accreditors to get guidance as to how we will transfer to a remote/alternate delivery model of education. Great care and planning has gone into how best to serve students and also practice safe social distancing for everyone per State and Federal guidelines. Future modifications are anticipated and you will be contacted regarding any changes.
Student and academic support services will continue online. For specific assistance, refer to the SIC directory (http://www./directory) to e-mail the office you need.
Work Schedules (Non-Faculty)
Administrators and staff should contact their supervisors for direction and work from 北京快三开奖结果 instructions as applicable.
Campus access is not allowed for students. Campus access for faculty and staff is still limited to essential needs only. The same protocol put into place recently for staff and faculty still exists. Contact your appropriate cabinet supervisor for approval through security and the president’s office. Signage is to be posted denying access to campus unless authorized. Security is on site. The building is on lockdown.
Student Wi-Fi Service
Hot spot areas may be accessed by auto in the north parking lot in front of the Learning Commons (A-Building) area from 8:00am – 5:00pm beginning Monday, March 23. These days and times may change, so visit SIC’s 北京快三开奖结果page for updates. Please go to /wifimap and see the map of service and the highlighted yellow parking areas. Leave a space between autos as possible and practice strong social distancing. No access to the building will be allowed (i.e., no restrooms) as the building will be locked and security on patrol. Only 50 autos may be allowed at a time due to capacity. More than that may crash the system. Security will monitor and block access should there be more automobiles than allowed. Only automobiles with the current SIC parking sticker will be allowed to ensure service to currently enrolled students. Violators of this policy will be legally charged and authorities notified.
Registration and Enrollment
Registration for Summer 北京快3 and Fall 北京快3 will begin on April 6th. Web registration will be open and available through MySIC. Please direct any questions or inquiries to admissions@ for new students and advising@ for current students. We will respond as quickly as possible. Please check for updates on the SIC website, FalconMail, textSIC, and SIC’s Facebook page. High school counselors have been notified in detail about our registration plans.
For help registering, visit:
Dual credit questions may be answered by e-mailing: (kyla.burford@).
Please continue to visit the SIC website (http://www./alerts/coronavirus-communication) for more updates and vital communication.
I want to commend everyone for their patience and understanding during this very challenging time. FDR once said, “When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on.” He also said that generations are sometimes given much, while others have much expected from them. This generation today, as the one in FDR’s time during WWII, “has a rendezvous with destiny.”
I am most thankful for the civility, compassion, professionalism, and caring, decent human nature so many have demonstrated during this tragic time. It will not be forgotten and always appreciated. That is the Southeastern way.
March 15, 北京快3 8:00pm
SIC Faculty and Staff,
We knew this pandemic would be a fluid situation. Change is inevitable. That is why Gov. Pritzker announced just earlier today that by the end of day Monday all restaurants and other similar social gathering places would be closed to promote social distancing.
SIC will ground our latest modified schedule decision for faculty and staff in the Governor’s directive. I suspect that a few of our community college partners will be doing the same.
Faculty and staff will meet Monday for planning purposes and triage. This will be a time to share a “toolbox” of ideas for remote learning (not just online), ways to reach out to students, how we should adapt to various student needs, possible future scenarios, and related planning. The rest of the week’s work will be completed remotely. We ask that everyone adjust their schedules to be here the full day (8:00am – 4:30 pm) as we plan to have varied and important meetings with academic divisions, chairs, department staff, etc. to discuss and plan for remote services and instruction for a period of time. Please exercise social distancing, good hand washing, and do not come to work if you are sick by calling your immediate cabinet supervisor.
Only essential personnel carrying out vital functions will be allowed on campus and only with my permission via your respective cabinet supervisor. There will be an updated employee e-mail later to answer questions regarding how these days will be classified in light of this new modification.
I want to thank all of you for the camaraderie displayed, such as the online peer volunteers to help those less experienced, and work already completed this weekend even. Some of the lesson planning and creative use of technology and varied remote resources are amazing and most appreciated. The work on general operations from business office, financial aid, and registration among other functional areas has been amazing. I appreciate the dedication and spirit. Sadly, we cannot provide cafeteria service due to the restrictions on restaurants issued buy the Governor.
Please know we will keep you posted on any future developments.
March 13, 北京快3
Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff:
Due to the highly unusual situation regarding the Coronavirus pandemic, I have made the prudent choice to enforce the following:
1. Cancel all College classes, functions, and events from Monday, March 16 through Friday March 20 to promote social distancing in disease prevention. Per the CDC recommendations for higher education, when classes are closed due to Coronavirus, all extra-curricular activities are to be canceled during this time. This week will allow instructors and staff to prepare for alternative/remote instruction and services to be employed as detailed below. Faculty and staff are to report to work during this week on a regular schedule to plan and obtain assistance for alternate delivery methods as needed. Faculty and staff are encouraged to reach out to students in their classes to help communicate specific strategies for continuation of educational service.
2. Engage in alternate (distance/online/video chat/etc.) learning for two weeks—from Monday, March 23 through at least Friday, April 3—in order to limit disruption to learning and promote social distancing. Instructors will reach out to students as needed. Students, please check your SIC e-mail regularly for possible communication from your instructors. If you have limited or no access to Internet services, instructors may have alternate directives including but not limited to using WiFi from remote sites that are open while practicing social distancing.
3. Registration for Summer 北京快3 and Fall 北京快3 will be postponed until April 6th when normal operations should resume. Questions should be directed to advising@ for current students and admission@ for new students.
4. The Mary Jo Oldham Center for Child Study will be closed during this three-week period and we plan to re-open on April 6. Staff will report for the week of March 16 - March 20.
5. The SIC Board Meeting will take place as scheduled on March 19.
6. Staff and faculty may still work from campus during this two-week instructional time period from March 23 - April 3 as needed and/or wanted as long as social distancing and standard safety standards are stressed. Remote work from off-campus is an available option with no absences registered as long as the immediate cabinet supervisor is informed of the option during this defined period of time.
7. Effective March 16, all non-essential travel will be canceled. Staff sponsors/coaches are to contact their immediate cabinet supervisor for consultation on what is essential or not. At this time, all GRAC (athletics) sports for the Spring have been canceled for the entire conference as determined by presidents in the GRAC.
8. Campus events during this time will be canceled. Only a few exceptions will be made given prior arrangement, such as the election polling place. Employees or external point of contact personnel, please contact the immediate cabinet member or appropriate campus administrator over the event for consultation on any gathering on campus.
These decisions were made in consultation with State and Federal sources as well as local college officials. We have been in near constant contact and sharing resources in order to make the best decisions we can with the best evidence at our disposal. My top priority is the comprehensive safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff.
This situation is unprecedented, resulting in major disruptions at all levels of our society and economy. I thank you for your patience and understanding, particularly as we all navigate through uncharted territory. I know questions will arise, challenges will occur, and unforeseen issues will result. Please know that patience and perseverance will help us prevail as long as we work together for the common good.
Ultimately, this strategy is a calculated precaution and public health measure also designed to align with other higher education institutions and entities. We encourage staff and students to continue to follow CDC and IDPH guidelines regarding hygiene and social distancing especially during this alternate scheduling period.
For campus updates, please visit http://www./alerts/coronavirus-communication regularly. SIC will post updates and important communication at this location.
Regards and Respects,